Privacy collection statement
This site is operated by CSIRO on behalf of the Australian Solar Thermal Research Initiative (ASTRI) without the use of an external service provider.
CSIRO is committed to your privacy and will use your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including in accordance with this privacy statement.
Should you decide to use an online form, such as one used on the Contact Us webpage, CSIRO will be collecting your personal information.
The personal information that you provide:
- will not be disclosed outside of CSIRO without your consent, unless disclosure is required by law; and
- may be used by CSIRO to contact you in order to respond to your enquiry or to seek your consent to share your enquiry with ASTRI partners or with others.
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and may be used by the ASTRI to help improve the site or report on the interest in the site. The following information is supplied by your browser:
- the user’s browser address
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc)
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, CSIRO excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from:
- using this site and any information or material available from it; and
- its collection of information from or through this site.